The Special Commission for Accreditation of Election Observers (SCAEO) held its third meeting on Wednesday 28 July 2021, at the National Human Rights Council (CNDH) headquarters in Rabat, Morocco.
Mrs. Amina Bouayach, CNDH President, chaired this meeting.
Stakeholders provided an initial assessment of election observers’ training sessions. They also examined accreditation application forms and the procedures of international NGOs and bodies application forms.
Within this context, the SCAEO was informed that the CNDH organized 12 training sessions for 300 election observers in 8 regions for civil society observers and 5 regions for the CNDH observers.
The SCAEO decided to:
- Provide 23 national associations and bodies that meet the legal terms and requirements to observe impartially and independently the coming elections.
- Delay the examination of the accreditation of NGOs until they fulfill their applications.
- Accredit the CNDH, as a national institution that fulfills the terms of impartial and independent elections observation.
The SCAEO scheduled its next meeting for the beginning of August to continue the examination of accreditation applications, including international NGOs and bodies under Law #30-11 on the terms and conditions of the independent and impartial election observation.
Mr. Mounir Bensalah, CNDH General-Secretariat, representatives of government departments, members of associations represented in the CNDH and persons qualified to attend the SCAEO meetings on a consultative basis took part in this event.
The SCAEO is chaired by the CNDH Chairperson. The Secretariat thereof is entrusted to the CNDH General Secretariat. It is composed of the following members:
– Four members representing government authorities in charge of justice, interior, foreign affairs, cooperation and communication;
– Representative of the ministerial delegation in charge of human rights;
– Representative of the National Authority for Integrity and Prevention and Fight against Corruption;
– Five representatives of civil society associations acting as CNDH members;
– Every person qualified to attend the SCAEO’s meeting on a consultative basis, in line with Article 7 of Law #30-11 on the terms and conditions of the independent and impartial election observation.